It is currently 25 May 2017, 16:23

Version 1.4d RELEASED

Latest, fresh news!

Version 1.4d RELEASED

Postby Fingolfin » 15 Feb 2015, 00:21

Wait, what? I thought the upcoming version was 1.4c? Well, despite some pre-release testing, a critical bug appeared in the 1.4c version right after it was uploaded to MMH, which forced us to skip immediately to the next version. The important thing is, it is finally out!

New features in this version include season effects and a new tribute system, based on investing your tribute into a ship which you need to send to your allies port, rather than the instant tribute of the default warcraft system. This is to prevent situations where the US end up feeding resources to the USSR or UK while sitting safely back across the atlantic. It also encourages the use of naval blockades to prevent the transfering of resources, much like the situation during the lend-lease contracts and the shipping of equipment to aid britain during the blitz.

Finally, the airplane system has been reverted back to what it used to be, since the "improvements" made last version proved to be crucially flawed. People who were avoiding the last version can now benefit from the improved balance and performance which was promised. You will find the new version in the downloads section, aswell as on MakeMeHost.com and Entgaming.net.

To those interested in grand-scale diplomatic maps, i also want to promote a new project which i (Fingolfin) have been working on the past months - a modern warfare sandbox map known as World Domination. It has a flux economy system inspired by Supreme Commander, and walks in the steps of maps such as The Alternate Future and Nuclear Sunrise. Another unique feature is that it has a fully custom AI system which can support a full house of bots! For more information, check out the thread below:

http://worldinflames.se/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1067&p=2829#p2829
Fingolfin

Re: Version 1.4d RELEASED

Postby WarMen » 15 Feb 2015, 00:27

Great! Thanks! Going to test it right now. (c) BugHunter
ImageImage
ImageImage
WarMen
Captain

Postby WarMen » 15 Feb 2015, 01:06

I'm not sure but seems like german soliders starts to freeze only after declaring war on USSR.
Last edited by WarMen on 15 Feb 2015, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
WarMen
Captain

Postby Fingolfin » 15 Feb 2015, 04:37

They what??
Fingolfin

Postby ziad » 15 Feb 2015, 13:16

i think he met that they aren't affected by season till they declare war on USSR
ziad
General

Postby MarcusMaxentius » 15 Feb 2015, 16:32

yes it seems like germany and italy and finland aren't affected of winter until they are warred by someone
MarcusMaxentius
First Lieutenant

Postby Fingolfin » 17 Feb 2015, 13:43

Alright, i will see what i can do about this. The buff dummies are owned by Russia, so that might be why. I will make it so that they can target neutrals.
Fingolfin

Re: When is the next version of WiF coming out?

Postby Lord Lightstalk » 02 Oct 2015, 22:27

Hello! I am curious as to when the next version of WiF is going to be released. Would someone be kind enough to inform me of the current situation of WiF?
Lord Lightstalk
Private

Re: When is the next version of WiF coming out?

Postby ziad » 03 Oct 2015, 10:38

Lord Lightstalk wrote:Hello! I am curious as to when the next version of WiF is going to be released. Would someone be kind enough to inform me of the current situation of WiF?

I would say it development is kind of stopped right now :P for giving the priority to other things.(Such as World domination)
in the end only fingolfin can truly tell you WIF current state.
ziad
General

Postby worldinflames_- » 13 Oct 2015, 09:52

I want the new version, too.
worldinflames_-
Sergeant

Return to News and Announcements