It is currently 27 Jun 2017, 17:37

New version incoming

Latest, fresh news!

New version incoming

Postby Fingolfin » 17 Dec 2014, 00:41

So, i realise there were some issues with the airplanes in the last version. Graphical bugs, underpowered fighters, and a bunch of other things. To straighten things up, i have started working on a new version to resolve these issues. I made a completely revamped airplane system which is much more simple, yet looks better than the current one. My hopes are that less complexity will mean less bugs, and that the planes will act more natural. The new system also has support for inertia, which is something you need to see to realise how cool it looks. Until it is done i am considering uploading a temporary version where the airplane system is reset to what it was before. It will revert the airplane vs ship situation to the crappyness it used to be, but i suspect the hardcore players will still appreciate it.

Until then, merry christmas and happy holidays!
Fingolfin

Re: New version incoming

Postby MarcusMaxentius » 18 Dec 2014, 21:44

''Until it is done i am considering uploading a temporary version where the airplane system is reset to what it was before''
If it gets restarted to what it was before then it's going to be good version.Also i don't get why did take you so long to post this thread about 1.4b / new version... took you more than month damn anyway can you please come on skype for once so i can talk to you about new version thanks in advance.Also idk if you noticed about http://worldinflames.se/downloads.php that you can download 1.4 and not 1.4b.. so fix that for new version AND DONT FORGET TO COME ON SKYPE
MarcusMaxentius
First Lieutenant

Postby Fingolfin » 20 Dec 2014, 15:44

I will be home with my family over christmas and won't have access to skype. Or well, technically i could, i just won't bother with installing it and setting stuff up. But perhaps next week i can get online and we can talk, i will try to release the version after i am done with my exams.
Fingolfin

Postby MarcusMaxentius » 19 Jan 2015, 22:53

Greetings..
So many days have past since decemeber 20th and still there's no new version?
Haven't you finished with the exams yet,anyway could please announce here when new version of world in flames will be released i'm waiting days..weeks and nothing please release as fast as it is possible....and yes i nearly forgot,come on skype more often!
MarcusMaxentius
First Lieutenant

Return to News and Announcements