It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 08:26

Bug report summary

Open Beta bug reporting.

Bug report summary

Postby Fingolfin » 07 Jul 2014, 12:34

Alright, so i am trying to wrap up the next version as good as i can, but it would really help me if you could help me summarize all the bugs and fixes that needs doing. Sorry for not having participated too much in the discussions, but i will make sure to post some later.
Fingolfin

Re: Bug report summary

Postby SNIper of DARKness02 » 09 Jul 2014, 12:16

Cool, if you want I could put all the bugs I found in a big post for easier acces, but I won't be able to report or find any new ones due to me being away, though I would like to help as much as I can despite me not being able to play the new version this summer.
Just passing by...
SNIper of DARKness02
Major

Postby Fingolfin » 10 Jul 2014, 00:54

Yeah, the idea was to just summarise the bugs which have been mentioned in the forums since the latest release (most reports were made by you, lol). I would like to have them all in one place if possible.
Fingolfin

Postby Zuasfadas » 12 Jul 2014, 04:52

I do not know if it is a bug, but the U.S.S.R. is still being allied of all countries when I play FFA, is very annoying when I play against Finland, Germany or United Kingdom, because they can capture the whole Soviet Union in a few minutes.
Zuasfadas
Colonel

Postby SNIper of DARKness02 » 12 Jul 2014, 09:14

Bugs:
-Plane Doctrine, they don't give their supposed bonuses to all planes (perhaps many other doctrines don't work as well), and Japanese planes don't benefit at all from air doctrine. Mostly doctrines in general need work (most of them don't even work)
-Japan mission to capture Guadal Canal airport is bugged, when Japan captures the Airport, units don't spawn at Guadal canal. (noticed that most of japan missions are quite bugged) (and perhaps other nation missions)
-"Tribute building" are quite weird and buggy, maybe the cities sometimes function when you tribute them though the Factory doesn't work (atleast from my experience) (also maybe put tribute for docks too?) (also add the tribute capital option when an ally captures your capital)
-Tank Factory hotkey not working.
-The plane bug where your fighters can't shoot bombers after they dropped their bombs is very annoying and game breaking.
-Jap Engies can still shoot ships,

Pathing bugs
Mountain climbing and river crossing bugs (I'm just gonna point out the location or the region)
-Scandinavia: Norway (Oslo, Bergen) and center Scandinavia (minor)
-Asia: Himalaya mountains (extreme mountain climbing tanks)
-America: river crossing (between the two bridged cities, can be exploited for better creeping of those "two bridged" cities)

Animation/Visual bugs
-Visual bug for Zis truck displaying soviet troops even if it is Axis.
-Flamethrower model, when doing an animation it skeleton appears, or when sometimes shooting same thing happens.
-US/UK Half-Track model when shooting sometimes appears to be shooting like a "Mobile Flak"
-Perhaps for Axis Engineers should say they also construct "V2" rockets

Also check Voting sistem, since It was quite buggy last time I played (chose Historical and Domination, it said Alliance set to "domination" and gave FFA and Domination modes)

Note that those "may" not be all the bugs, I will try to find more later this day, though for now I'm quite busy, wish you good luck at making this version great.
Just passing by...
SNIper of DARKness02
Major

Postby Zuasfadas » 13 Jan 2017, 08:09

Just to point out, I had a WiF game recently and I found that two of these bugs remains on the actual version.
-The Air Doctrine is still not giving the fuel bonuses at each research as it is supposed to do.
-The visual bug of Zis truck (From chinese and japanese army).
-Capital is not tributable yet when an ally captures it.
I don't know if the Guadalcanal mission is still bugged or if the voting system is still bugged (last time, I played with some friends the 1.4 version and when we played FFA even when everyone selected Axis & Allies mode).

There are another things that I would like to suggest thanks to these bugs but I think I'll just create another topic since is more a suggestion than a bug report, there is a lot to do about the naval units to give them more relevance and to make more worthy the emplacements (since creating good defenses requires usually a lot of income, a lot of space and a lot engineers, also the fact that countries like China and Finland can't use the potential of their airports (then, the air doctrine too) at all since they can't create carriers.

Keep up the good work Fing and Vuorma (if you still are working on WiF D:)
Zuasfadas
Colonel

Return to Bug Report