It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 23:18

Version 1.3b Notes

This is what we're doing.

Version 1.3b Notes

Postby Fingolfin » 02 Nov 2013, 14:31

I decided to release a "quick"-fix fo version 1.3, dealing with some of the more urgent problems. This is what i have done so far.

Features:
  • Added a preview image for the map.
  • Added doodad model for the german reichstag in Berlin.
  • Added more hint messages, to help new players.
  • Added an objective system which rewards players with units or resources for playing historycally.

Balance:
  • All paratroopers now have reduced attack speed and health. Japanese paras are slightly less weak in comparision.
  • Moved Italian starting troops so that they would not engage neutrals on map start. Also moved chinese mine fields closer to the defense line, so that they would not be destroyed by infantry first.
  • Reduced flamethrower damage (shock) against armored units.

Bug fixes:
  • Japanese paratroopers are now affected by Banzai.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented bombers to drop on water.
  • Fixed the unit sharing upon player leave, and made it NOT include the player tools.
  • China can no longer build Tiger Tanks
  • Fixed a bug that caused V2 missiles to not show up when launched into areas not visible for the player.
  • Fixed a bug causing faulty error messages when launching paratrooper planes.

Feel free to report more changes that need to be made.
Fingolfin

Re: Version 1.3b notes

Postby ziad » 02 Nov 2013, 16:44

adding a tank matching the tiger tank(Is2 or anything). Remouve a bunker of finland bunker. And read my topic about the nation and is2.
ziad
General

Postby Zuasfadas » 02 Nov 2013, 17:06

...And the minor bug that says "there are no planes of this type" when you launch a paratrooper plane :D
Zuasfadas
Colonel

Postby Fingolfin » 03 Nov 2013, 00:23

Ziad, you should know that me not responding to all your posts doesn't mean i don't read them. I do. I just want to give other members a chance to add in on the discussion before i dissaprove on it.

As for the case of finnish bunkers, they are all very much needed for the balance of finland. If they are giving you a hard time as Soviet, try softening them with carpet bombs before you move in. The reason i have given Finland static defences instead of troops is that i don't want them to have a standing chance at immediately attacking the USSR. Finnish troops should rather be used to conquer Scandinavia. I don't want Finland to be rigger to lose, since the Soviets never really defeated all of Finland, but rather just brought them to accept their terms (and because rigging players to lose is lame in overall).

@Zuasfadas: Good thing you mentioned! I had forgotten about that one. Not a crucial bug, but still kinda annoying.
Fingolfin

Postby Zuasfadas » 04 Nov 2013, 02:23

Then, you dissaprove this or you will do it in a lastest version?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=267
Zuasfadas
Colonel

Postby Fingolfin » 04 Nov 2013, 11:10

What, the airplane message or the stuff in the link?

I will not change the way cities are represented. They need to be clearly visible to everyone, and i don't want players to have to look for a specific doodad. The Circle of Power is instantly recognizable.

Ofcourse, the airplane message bug will be fixed though. :)
Fingolfin

Postby Zuasfadas » 04 Nov 2013, 22:35

I refered about the doodads... it is ok if you are not going to replace the circles. Of course this is only a cosmetic suggestion and first the bugs must be fixed :)

Keep up the good work Fingolfin, I wait anxiously the quickfix :3
Zuasfadas
Colonel

Re: Version 1.3b Notes

Postby Xenisis » 02 Jan 2014, 15:23

Not sure if this is the right place...but theres a new bug, where during Tank battles a peasant appear with the ability to
damage tanks (destroy fuel lines, etc.) I don't really know what triggered it, because i just notices suddenly some giant-ass peasant running around in china.
Xenisis
Private

Postby Fingolfin » 02 Jan 2014, 16:29

Yeah, this was a small temporary bug during the release which has since been fixed. I contacted MakeMeHost about replacing the old bugged map with the new one but have not recieved answer. If it is not swapped i might have to rename it to 1.3c and upload it again. The map available from this site though does not share this bug.
Fingolfin

Postby ziad » 02 Jan 2014, 17:08

We'll I uploaded it on ent too I will remove and re upload.
ziad
General

Return to Developer Log